Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thrift store finds!

There is a flea market here in philly that doesn't disapoint on a couple fronts. You will find a good amount of old retro games there for a decent price. There is a spot where stacked floor to ceiling are boardgames. And finally, every bad movie known to man is in there on vhs somewhere.

I went 2 or so weeks ago. this was my haul:
I was probably most excited about Revolution: music is the weapon by aerosmith. Its truely an awful game that has a great 90s value. Holly and i have been playing a lot of dr. mario though. That game has certainly gotten the most play. She pretty much wins every time.

I also went today. Here was the haul:
I also picked up a risk & castle risk board game. Looking forward to playing sometime soon.

The game that i'm most excited about in this run is the weird biking green game in the upper right. The logo is pretty much illegible on this jpeg. In fact, when i had it as a kid, i didn't even bother trying to figure out what it said. However, i remember dumping hours and hours into it. I think its a shoot em up, but my memory is hazy.

The obscured snes game is "terminator vs robocop" which- who could ever pass on that? 2 death machines just going at eachother? 90s violence? As a young american man, i couldn't say no. I can't deny it, my mouth watered a little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ecco jr??! any good?