Friday, January 16, 2009

coffee

Amenacier writes "Recent studies by Finnish and Swedish researchers have shown that drinking moderate amounts of coffee can reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease in people. The reason for this is as yet unknown, although it has been hypothesized that the high levels of antioxidants found in coffee may play a role in preventing dementia and Alzheimer's. Alternatively, some studies have shown that coffee can protect nerves, which may help prevent Alzheimer's. Other studies have shown that coffee may also help to protect against diabetes, another disease which has been shown to have links to Alzheimer's disease. However, researchers warn against drinking too much coffee, as 3 cups or more may cause hallucinations."

I dont' know if people know this about me, i drink about 4-5 cups a day, which i consider normal. Reading that on slashdot made me think that maybe it isn't so normal. My highest coffee intake was 14 cups in one day. Good times.

2 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

14?!?!?! DUDE!

Anonymous said...

I drink about 4 cups a day usually. Where are my hallucinations?