Wednesday, November 12, 2008

own a neo geo!



Lately i've thought about getting a neo geo to play it on its own hardware rather than just on my mac. I found there were a handful of ways to buy and play old neo geo games. I compiled all the information in a retro gaming forum post. The owner of the site asked if he could put it up on the main page. I said yes- here it is:

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/snkneo-geo/2008/11/how-to-make-owning-a-neo-geo-more-affordable.html

Pretty cool huh? For anyone that is into older video games racketboy.com is a great site and resource. Their forums are also filled with really helpful people if you ever have any kind of tech issue or question.



For the record- i decided that if i am going to get a neo geo it is going to be for its original hardware- and if i do that i might as well go big or go home. I am checking out craigslist and local auctions on ebay for a full MVS neo geo cabinet. Eventually i'm sure i'll find one. Just waiting to find the right time when i can afford it, and the right cabinet.

2 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Dude, I don't know what Neo Geo is, but that arcade thing is awesome. My friend Jacob (Chabot, of Mighty Skullboy Army) built a frakkin' arcade thing in his place with a computer in it that has every single arcade game ever.

It's so super awesome!!!! You should do that... ;-)

Anonymous said...

There's a company called RetroSpace that builds cabinets with arcade controls, but runs on a PC with an HD screen. Expensive, but cool - definitely gonna get one after I make my first million.

http://gizmodo.com/5038178/retro-space-arcade-cabinet-mixes-retro-futurism-with-banana-color-scheme